Monday 21 July 2014

Eger

We left early this morning for the
wine county near Eger. The route was rather hilly and warm but the scenery was fantastic. We encountered several villages along the way that just came alive from books I read years ago except now it was real and in colour.
Upon arriving  in Eger we checked into our hotel and had an afternoon nap. Joe informed me that seista is actually a Hungarian word borrowed by the Spanish. I'm not sure I believe him except both Wayne and Marco told me it was true. They wouldn't lie to a Newfie would they? Haring completed our nap we walked around the town before taking a tour wagon to the wine area where we ate supper with a little wine. Unfortunately we didn't have containers to  be filled as we could have purchased wine very cheaply. I will be looking for some Hungarian wine when I return home.
We plan to stay here for three nights resting and enjoying the sights which includes the thermal baths and the water parks.

A metal recycler in Gyongyos.

Wayne completing one of the many climbs between Gyongyos.

An entrance to one of the wine cellers in Eger.

Sampling wine in Eger

No comments:

Post a Comment