Tuesday 15 July 2014

Vienna - Sarvar

We decided to leave Vienna as we had seen all that we were mostly interested in seeing. Leaving Vienna was fantastic. Pedestrians and bikes are given priority over cars. The bike lanes are beautiful and in some cases wider than the car lanes. We had the wind with us and travelled either on bike paths or roads that were just country roads. No line markings and for the most part nothing on either side of the road. The roads took us through some Small Austrian villages that were spectacular. Some thing right out of a child's book. I was amazed and awestruck. At one point, I believe I heard the bells for the Angelius. ( I know RA I've probably spelt it wrong and these heathens I'm riding with wouldn't know what it was especially that Wood character so it was no use to ask them)
We did  a little over 150 km only because the ride was pleasant and our navagitor Marko (Bruce) Did such a great job. We rely on him quite a bit and he always comes through. Sometimes adding a little adventure   to the route. Like bringing us through a National Park that had an unpaved road at either end, a large field that left us wondering ( with awe we told him)  and also there was a mud bath provided to the author of the post curtisity of the  large mud hole he arranged. Even the hotel staff took pity on us and arranged a spot for us to wash our bikes and get them ready for tomorrow morning.
Our hotel is beautiful and the owners are VERY  nice to us. To be honest after seeing what we experienced on this trip so far I don't know why people take vacations in their cars. You really need to get off t
Cold refreshing water from a pump to drink and as Joe is doing cool down

Bruce's surprise adventure through the Nezt National Pk. The good part of the route. 

Woody leaving tbe Nezt Park after we found the route out

Our km for the day. My new record. 

Skyline of Sa
rvar at dusk.
he beaten path
Our wifi is good today and I'll be able to update some photos from the last few days. Bruce has more patience with unstable wifl than I do so you probably may have seen some of the pictures I'm going to post.
Check the previous days for pictures I may have missed. Don't Check too soon as I gotta go shower and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment